Freeport High School is always looking for volunteers to support the success of students and staff. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact the volunteer coordinator using the form below and complete the volunteer packets below.
The school volunteer:
- Does not need a college degree or teaching certificate,
- Have a genuine interest in children
- Possess a willingness to cooperate with school personnel
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Become familiar with school and classroom policies and practices
- Refrain from criticizing school procedures
- Be capable of adjusting to the teacher’s way of doing things and follow his/her direction
- Following all safety rules of the school in which you are working
- Be well groomed and dress appropriately
- Be dependable
Volunteers MUST fill out and complete the volunteer application to be kept on file at the school site at which the volunteer is working.
For the safety of staff and students, volunteers MUST also submit to fingerprinting and be provided a school identification badge. Volunteers are responsible for all fees associated with fingerprinting. Fingerprinting can be done at any time at the Walton County School District office complex in DeFuniak Springs. Volunteers are required to wear their identification badge when working on school campuses.
Note: Fields marked with an * are required.