NCAA Eligibility FAQ
The NCAA established the NCAA Eligibility Center to certify the student-athletes’ eligibility and support secondary institutions in this certification process.
Who should register?
Any student-athlete that is interested in college-athletics at the NCAA Division I or Division II level must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
When should student-athletes register?
Student-athletes should begin the registration process during the spring of their junior year of HS.
How do student-athletes register?
Interested and eligible student-athletes may register online with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
What are the requirements?
- Division I and Division II athletes must meet course requirements. A full list of acceptable HS courses is available here.
- Division I athletes must have a core course 2.3 GPA. Division II athletes must have a core course 2.2 GPA.
- Test score requirements for Division I and Division II athletes are determined using a sliding scale that takes into account the student-athletes' GPA. More information can be found here.
Students-athletes are responsible for meeting ALL required testing requirements and paying any related fees. High School counselors can assist students with transcript requests and other related documentation.
More information on NCAA eligibility requirements can be found in the documents available for download below.
- NCAA College-Bound Student-Athlete Guide 19-20.pdf (21.2 MBs)
- DI_RequirementsFactSheet.pdf (1.1 MBs)